Keep Your Family Calendar Balanced for Back-to-School
Back-to-school is one of the toughest times to get your family organized, but it's also the
most important times to be organized.
There's one tool you can use for back-to-school organization time that will outshine all the others.
It's the trusty Family Calendar and it can easily become
the most important tool in the house. With a few simple steps:
• Get your family involved in planning -- after Sunday night dinner, spend 15
minutes over dessert planning the week ahead
• Go over and update your schedules for school, sports, clubs, work, and social
• Make everyone responsible for bringing their own schedules and for updating
their info into the shared family calendar
• Create a reminder system so duties are remembered on the day-of - use some
type of reminder on your smartphone or computer, or a visual cue such as a wall
calendar or sticky notes in your planner or notebook a.
• Split chores or to-dos for each family member - rather than assign them, have a
big list and let the group decide who should do each
• Discuss deadlines and expectations whenever possible so that there is clear
understanding and less chance of slip-ups
• Reward individual contribution - always allow individual members to crossoff their own to-dos and enjoy that feeling of satisfaction; also, set-up a treat or
allowance system for kids
Think about it, there's so much to deal with: new morning routines, new daily patterns,
and new afternoon commitments. It's a full-scale time management crises in the making,
especially for you if you're in charge of organizing and scheduling.
Change this routine now and use this great back to school advice for a more organized back-to-school
For more tips on student time management and other topics, check out the AT-A-GLANCE Planner Center and be sure to visit the AT-A-GLANCE online store for the latest deals on time management tools and solutions such as planners for mom.